Thursday, May 03, 2007

Mother's Day Is Sunday May 13


Mother's Day is coming up Sunday May 13th.....
More than anyone else in the world, my mother influenced my life in ways I'll never be able to repay. My mom was a schoolteacher and she instilled in me a love of learning and a curiosity about the world around me. She encouraged me to soar high and I thank her for always believing in me.
The folks at Lifetime Television recently conducted a big survey about motherhood. The results are below:


In a poll of moms (by Lifetime Television), actor Denzel Washington was the guy most women want to tuck them in at night, besting Mario Lopez and Matthew Fox. Singer Tim McGraw out-paced Will Smith and Patrick Dempsey for the role of "Mr. Mom" to clean the house and help take care of the kids.The poll also revealed that:

An overwhelming number (77%) of moms feel raising a child is far more difficult than a generation ago.

27% of moms insist their mothers were horrible at giving advice.

Just 36% of moms wish they were more like their own moms.

Nearly as many, 31%, wished they were less like their mothers, citing neuroses, fashion sense and physique as the traits they are glad they didn't inherit.As for fave Mother's Day presents:

61% of respondents selected hugs and kisses, trailed by a handmade gift/card from a loved one
45% chose spa treatments
39% a romantic dinner

Happy Mother's Day to the hardest workin' folks in the world.
And to my wife Amy, I salute you. Your job is far more difficult than mine!!!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Ojolie eCards said...

According to Salary.com, stay-at-home mother's work worth $138,095 a year. See the article from Reuters for the full story.

I definitely think the taking care of the kids and household is a lot of work. I am doing my part to help out.

Even though every day should be Mother's Day (or Father's Day) in my opinion, May 13th is the day we choose to celebrate mothers around the world. Remember to show your appreciation to all the special women in your life who are mothers, on the day or any day.

Here are some artistic, animated ecards for the occasion.

Best Mom
http://www.ojolie.com/index.php?step=preview&ec_id=19

Origami
http://www.ojolie.com/index.php?step=preview&ec_id=18

 

Post a Comment

<< Home