Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Time for a cookout!!!


Well it's almost the weekend and once again spring will be in bloom.(I think it disappeared for a little while with that cold snap the past week or so)
And at my house we're cooking up brats. I've been a fan of Johnsonville brats since about 2002 or so when I first started grilling them. I had eaten brats at festivals and fairs before but I truly found the best when I was turned on to Johnsonville Brats.
I've included one of my favorite Johnsonville receipes...

Reuben Brat
Wonderful spin on a sandwich favorite!
Submitted by: The Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage
Ingredients
1 pkg. (19.76 oz.) Fresh Original Johnsonville Bratwurst5 dark rye hoagie rolls5 thin slices Swiss cheese1 tsp. butter1 lg. onion, sliced1 can (14 oz.) sauerkrautReuben Sauce (combine next 2 ingredients)1/3 cup Thousand Island dressing1/3 cup coarse ground mustard
Directions
Grill one package Johnsonville Fresh Original Bratwurst according to directions. Keep warm. In a pan with 1 teaspoon of butter Sauté sliced onions in a pan with 1 teaspoon of butter over medium low heat until they turn a light golden brown. Keep warm. Warm sauerkraut in a saucepan until heated through. Blend Thousand Island dressing and mustard together to make Reuben sauce.To make 1 sandwich, place two tablespoons of Reuben sauce on an open-face hoagie roll and add 1 slice of Swiss cheese, onions, 1 bratwurst. Top with sauerkraut and serve warm. Yield: 5 sandwiches.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home