Wednesday, March 07, 2007

American Idol March Madness!!

Wow, Kellie Pickler was, uh, ......you know what I mean....when she appeared on American Idol last week. Did you catch Ryan Seacrest when he asked her what she's spent her money on?
I think we can tell can't we? I love her voice and her personality is so bubbly. And she's from Albemarle, which makes it all the more cool. We've got Bucky Covington from Rockingham, Kellie from Albemarle, Clay Aiken from Raleigh, Reuben from Birmingham, Alabama, Taylor from Alabama, Fantasia from High Point, NC. Have you ever noticed that a bunch of the best singers on American Idol are from the South? And a boatload from right here in Carolina. Must be the grits and sweet tea we love! Helps build strong vocal chords!!!!

Still to come this season..... Martina McBride will coach the contestants in Los Angeles next week. Then Martina will return to the show on April 18th to sing the incredibly uplifting new tune "Anyway." Martina wrote the song(her first stab at writing) with the Warren Brothers(who have written quite a few great tunes for Tim McGraw and Faith Hill) and Martina's new album "Waking Up Laughing" will be out in the stores on April 3rd.

Carrie Underwood will also appear on Idol again....she'll sing her new tune about the perils of alcohol. It's called "Wasted" You can hear Wasted from Carrie and Anyway from Martina on 99.9 Genuine Country now!!!

Now on to my opinion of the guys from last night. I wasn't as impressed as last week. I think I've narrowed down my list of who should be in the finals!! Here we go:

Chris Sligh
Blake Lewis
Chris Harrison
Brandon Rogers

These four are the only ones who consistently sing on pitch. They are all worthy winners and have the talent and ability to have a career in music. Blake's vocal acrobatics are amazing. He'll get a record deal whether he wins or not. I'm not a huge fan of the music he does, but his talent is amazing!!
My favorite of the guys is Chris Sligh. He sang a tune from a Christian band last night. Nobody knew the song but his voice is so powerful, he sold it to me. His humor and his strong voice win me over.

I liked Chris Harrison's version of Keith Urban's "Tonight I Wanna Cry" Chris sort of gave the song that Brian McKnight treatment. A definite R&B kind of flavor. Very original.
Brandon has great vocal ability. He justs needs to step up the charisma. He's got the goods though. Reminds me of a young Lenny Kravitz.

No real country singers from the group of guys though. I was hoping for one this year.
Tommorrow we'll see if the girls step it up. Something tells me they are gonna be on again tonight. I've been thouroughly impressed so far with many of the female singers.
Git R Done!!!
Who's going home on Thursday? I think Jared and Sanjaya. What do you think?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home