Monday, April 16, 2007

Wind/Tragedy and Trace!!!

Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill The New Windy Cities!!!!!
Wow!! The wind is incredible today. I almost got knocked over while trying to pump some gas out in Knightdale this morning. This wind is following all the wild weekend weather that's bringing a Nor'easter to the New England states. Luckily we got mostly heavy rains and wind. It's sure helping my grass I planted in the bare patches in the back yard. I saw sprouts shooting up this morning when I left the house. Funny how a little thing like grass growing in red clay can make a man happy!!

What's going on in the world?
I just heard about the shootings on the campus of Virginia Tech. At least 32 dead....this is so sad. If you've ever been to Blacksburg, Virginia, you'd know that it's the most idyillic place. Hard to imagine something so dark could happen in a place that's so beautiful. My prayers to the families and I pray this violence ends somewhere down the road. My one hope in life is to see a peace that passes all understanding for the human race. I know it's a seemingly impossible task but I believe we have the capacity to achieve great things!!!


Listen to Vince Daniels in the morning on 99.9 Genuine Country next week(April 23rd-28th) to win tickets to see Trace Adkins, SheDaisy and the Povertyneck Hillbillies at Carolina Crossroads on June 2nd. This is gonna be one awesome show!!! Have you been to Carolina Crossroads yet? This complex is an entertainment destination for eastern North Carolina. Last summer Gretchen Wilson, Big and Rich and Hank Jr. sold out.....Expect more incredible shows this summer. For details on tickets and directions(and answers to questions Vince Daniels will ask next week on Trace Adkins Dangerous Man Jeopardy click here: www.carolinacrossroads.com Kudos to Randy and Dolly Parton for giving Carolina Crossroads big name recognition and especially co-owners George Ragsdale and Michael Dunlow for having this incredible vision for Roanoke Rapids and the state of North Carolina!!!!! There's nothing like LIVE entertainment. Let's go have some fun!!!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home