Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Sanjaya still singing!!!


So have you been watching Amercian Idol this season?

I have never watched it all that closely until this year. I thought it was time I checked out this phenomenon. But I have to say, I cannot for the life of me, understand why Sanjaya is still in the competition. My pick for the win still goes to Melinda. Once again, last night she was incredible. She could sing the phone book and it would sound good. Lakisha is rockin' as well. And my pick for the best of the guys is Blake Lewis. I'm partial to Chris Harrison as well. He's just cool.

I found this article in the Charlotte paper that might help explain Sanjaya's mystique. He was parodied on Saturday Night Live this past weekend as well. He's sort of becoming a cult figure like William Hung was several years ago.

And the hairdo Sanjaya sported last night was kickin'. Gary Levox(from Rascal Flatts) would be proud!!!

Weak `Idol' wannabe gets online support
By MELANTHIA MITCHELL
Associated Press Writer


SEATTLE --Flowing hair and a precious smile have their rewards.
Especially if you're Sanjaya Malakar, who is considered one of the weakest performers on "American Idol" but has a fan base that has helped him survive multiple rounds of viewer elimination.
In the online community and in Malakar's home state of Washington, the croaking crooner seems to have a loyal following of friends, family and fanatics who would like nothing better than to see him achieve the ultimate "Idol" success and be the last singer standing in May.

On the show today:
Details on Tour De Cure and how you can help fight diabetes in North Carolina.
Details on several big concerts coming to the triangle this summer.
The scoop on Toast To The Triangle, which happens this weekend(and that's
no April Fool)
Thanks for listening and email your thoughts, requests, suggestions, ideas, to me anytime: dreese@999genuinecountry.com
or call the request line at (919)860-0999.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home